Sierra Nevada Corporation's (SNC) Space Systems exploits a variety of propulsion technologies for an equally diverse set of applications.
Beginning with Vehicle Propulsion, SNC's Space Systems has developed a range of hybrid rocket motors that powered SpaceShipOne (SS1) to win the Ansari X-Prize and the motors that will propel the space tourism SpaceShipTwo (SS2) and the Dream Chaser® astronaut and crew-carrying spacecraft.
- SNC’s Space Systems Proven Patented Hybrid Rocket Propulsion Technology has:
- Over 10 years of development
- Over 300 firings
- A Dream Chaser Full Mission Profile Hot Firing Demonstrated the Motor’s Vacuum & Restart Capability
- Dream Chaser Uses Safe, Non-Toxic, Storable, & Human Flight Tested Propellant
In support of SNC and other customer spacecraft needs, Space Systems has Spacecraft Propulsion systems such as transfer stages and ‘responsive’ propulsion solutions that eliminate the use of toxic propellants.
- Product Downloads
- Propulsion Systems
- Jan 14, 2016: RELEASE: NASA Selects Sierra Nevada Corporation’s Dream Chas...
- Dec 22, 2015: Sierra Nevada Corporation Completes Initial On-Orbit Checkou...
- Dec 10, 2015: ORBITEC Awarded NASA Research and Technologies Contract for ...
- Dec 08, 2015: Sierra Nevada Corporation Successfully Completes the Critica...
- Nov 30, 2015: Sierra Nevada Corporation Completes Shipment of 11 Satellite...