About Dream Chaser®
Developed under the Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) Space Exploration Systems product line, we are leveraging our long history and unrivaled record of success in developing innovative space technology and integrated systems. We are changing how space is accessed, explored and utilized through commercial means. Through our depth of capability and human spaceflight expertise, SNC's Space Exploration Systems is continually advancing systems and technologies to support the future of human spaceflight.
The Dream Chaser® spacecraft is being refined and validated through partnership agreements with seven NASA field centers, ensuring maximum customer insight and access throughout the development and testing process. But then, NASA is more than just a customer … it is a trusted partner in our endeavor to provide broad utilization of space.
Dream Chaser Space System Features:
Reusable lifting-body spacecraft carries up to seven crew and cargo to and from low Earth orbit, including the transportation of NASA astronauts to and from the International Space Station
Launches vertically on a United Launch Alliance (ULA) Atlas V Launch Vehicle
Capable of free flight in low Earth orbit and of docking to the International Space Station (ISS) and other orbital destinations
Low-g reentry (< 1.5 gs) protects crew & science experiment return samples
Low-impact horizontal landing on a conventional runway
Large cross-range with frequent landing opportunities
Exceptional crew safety features, such as non-toxic propulsion systems
Designed for simple maintenance and quick turnaround
Winner of Two NASA Commercial Crew Development Awards, totaling $100 Million
- Sierra Nevada Corporation Space Exploration Systems has successfully completed all Commercial Crew Development Program milestones on time and within budget
Winner of a Commercial Crew Integrated Capability (CCiCAP) Award, totaling $212.5 Million
- NASA awards Sierra Nevada Corporation's Dream Chaser additional milestone funding, totaling $15 Million
Winner of a Certification Products Contract, totaling $10 Million
- Nov 10, 2015: ORBITEC Expands Vortex Rocket Engine Family with Successful ...
- Nov 06, 2015: SNC Response to NASA'S CRS2 Announcement
- Oct 07, 2015: Sierra Nevada Corporation's Dream Chaser® Program Preparing ...
- Oct 02, 2015: Sierra Nevada Corporation Congratulates United Launch Allian...
- Sep 10, 2015: Sierra Nevada Corporation Announces Dream Chaser® Spacecraft...